Thursday, September 2, 2010

Diagnostic Paragraph

Samuel Brohaugh


Mrs. Allard

Written Communication – 801-195

26 Aug 2010

Diagnostic Paragraph

I never saw myself as a very strong writer, despite the fact that I usually got decent to good grades on my papers. I took 2 writing courses at University of Wisconsin-Stout, and usually got B’s on the papers. I am very good at grammar, and from there I developed my skills in topic sentences, and having the paragraph relate to the topic sentence. However, my paragraphs are not usually very long. If there is one thing I want to accomplish in this class, it is making sure that my papers are long enough to meet the length requirements, and to not have much “filler material.” That is, I do not want to be paraphrasing my own sentences for five pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment