Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Labor Day Work-end.

I decided that I want to builld my own computer. I am a computer whiz who has never done this before. And until I do, I will never feel like I truly am one. So I went to Newegg.com for computer parts. I looked at the main computer part, and all I saw were letters and numbers. An example to this would be: ECS X58B-A2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard. This scared the hell out of me. What is all this!? Well, I remembered that I’m in a computer hardware class. I ran to my car, pulled out my book, and read through the entire chapter on this particular item. It answered nearly all of my questions. I was so excited. Afterwards, I looked up various other parts, and read the appropriate chapters. I read/skimmed at least half of my huge book already, and the class just started. Thanks to my passion, I have got a huge headstart to the semester.

In between my times on the computer, I worked. I had a very boring weekend. I can hardly even remember most of it. We got a new worker on my shift. I work overnight at McDonald’s in Tomah, so a new person is a big deal. That brings our total up to 6 people. During the day, it can range from 10 to 25. She used to work at a McDonald’s, but in another city, so she knows how to make the sandwiches, but is uncomfortable being in a new place. I tried talking to her, to loosen her up. She ended up gigling a lot more as the night went on. I figured I helped her loosen up. Thanks in part to the new coworker, we got a lot of work accomplished. We are actually much more busy on overnights than people believe. We get asked a lot if we get bored, but in reality, we hardly ever get all of our work done because of all the people.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE McDonalds!!! Feel free to bring me the mcchicken anytime! (Jason is standing over me laughing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Building your own computer sounds exciting. I hope everything goes really well for you. I never thought that McDonalds was busy overnight either.

    ReplyDelete